Saturday 27 September 2014

Quickies

I had a few ideas for this weeks blog post, but I’ve not been 100% as of late and so I thought I’d instead do a quick update of the new little bits in my beauty life!

First things first, I received the Foodaholic Green Tea sheet masks I ordered!
I also received two free little sachets of Tony Moly I’m Real Avocado Rich Cream, which was a nice little bonus!


These masks are a little bit different from the usual sheet masks, as the mask part is made from wood pulp rather than the usual cotton, as well as boasting that it’s ‘3D’. I think this meant more that there was a seam down the middle of the mask that allowed the nose section to go out a bit more, mimicking more of a 3D face rather than a flat sheet mask.
Sheet masks work their magic by creating an intense environment through restricting airflow to the skin, allowing it to absorb the serum soaked mask quicker.
The serum in this mask was one that was quickly absorbed by my skin anyway and, 2 days after using it, I can still easily feel the moisturising effects.

I’ve been seeing rosewater pop up more and more lately as a great product to keep yo face happy and now I’m in possession of both normal rosewater and Ayuuri Rose Facial Toner.


I use the toner in the evening as part of my night routine by sweeping it around my face with a cotton pad and the rosewater as my morning routine, patting it lightly into my cleansed skin.
I’m not too sure how I feel about the toner right now as rather than it drying on your face, it leaves a waxy film, which could be to do with the glycerin that’s used in this formula. That’s why I find it more effective during the evening, as it has a long amount of time to sink into my skin without me having to worry about it.

The last thing I purchased was a B. Nourished Night Serum from Superdrug, where it’s currently less than half price!


The brand works with skin phases, which are easily numbered as 1, 2 and 3. Your corresponding skin phase lets you know easily which of their products will be best for you, which is a concept I can really get behind!
Rather than a regular serum, this is more of a thick moisturiser, but it really does have me waking up with soft, smooth skin, especially mixed with my rosewater toner.

My last find for this month is a forgotten bottle of Caudalíe Divine Oil.


This thing is packed with grape seed, sesame, sunflower, hibiscus and argan oils, as well as shea butter and tomato extracts, and can be used on your body, face and hair.
It’s a wonder that it could have that much oil and moisture in it and still be so fast absorbing!
I’m using this on my legs lately as after moving back to the family home, I’ve suffered a few bumps and grazes and I’m hoping the oils will help the bruises and marks go away quicker.


A lot of these things are making me feel very pampered and luxurious which means I get to have a nice relaxing point of the day in between job searching and doctors appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment