Thursday 11 September 2014

Hello! What's In My Bag?

Hello world, welcome to my first ever blog post!
My name is Shuks and as this is my first ever blog post, I thought it would be fitting to have a little ‘what’s in my bag’ dealio, since yanno, anything and everything gets chucked in my bag and therefore it should be a pretty good representation of me.
Maybe.

Probably.

So to start, the bag I’ve been using the last few months is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita bag in Warm Zinc, and I’ve had it close to three years now.
I bought the bag from Shopbop while I was still a student and was working a bar job and had saved and saved and done my research to find what was the best deal on the bag at the time.
I wear a lot of black (who doesn’t?) and so the colour of the bag was critiqued a little by friends and family who told me it wouldn’t match and it would get dirty quickly,  but I felt it would not only stand out more from my darker toned outfits, but that it would also be a timeless piece.
It is quite slouchy and although there are a couple of more noticeable marks from the last few weeks on it now, I haven’t cleaned it once and get comments of how clean it looks still.
(I do have special cleaner ready and I’m planning on cleaning it soon now I have time!)
I love it a lot and highly recommend it.

Onto the contents!

First up we have the inevitable snack/sweets that get thrown in:


In my case that includes half a pack of cherry soothers, some bubblegum flavoured chewing gum, a small pack of jelly beans and a small mountain of mango boiled sweets given to me by my grandmother.

Next up is the selection of make up/beauty products that gather in the lost corners:


These include my NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu (which is the first lip gloss I've ever really liked, it's not sticky at all!) and a staple Vaseline pot. I also tend to throw my raspberry and pomegranate EOS lip balm in, as I find myself reaching for this over any other of my balms since I got it a couple of months ago.
I also recently picked up a Bourjois Queen Attitude Khol Kajal stick after hearing people rave about it but I find it's best to touch up any smudged eyeliner durng the day.
The Benefit PoreFessional and Clinique Even Better Eyes were thrown in the bag after a family member of my best friends offered them after purchasing and not really using them.


Also of course a nail file is needed for any on the go snags and tears.


Also, if there's anything my mother taught me, it's to always have a pen on you.


I've also got my Oyster card, being a Londoner, and I keep it in a freebie case I got while working for the O2 Academy in Birmingham.

The little random bits I throw in my bag tend to make up most the bulk.


First things first, let's all accept that there's a small trees worth of crumpled receipts inside most handbags.
Done?
Ok, good. Let's move on.


I received a sample of the Blooming Bouquet Miss Dior Eau de Toilette from What's in my Handbag and have been using it as something to freshen up during the day when my usual scene of Daisy (can you tell I really like Marc Jacobs?) is wearing off.
I enjoy this scent but can't see myself buying the full version.


Two bracelets I found (coincidentally, which I'd also been looking for) are a chain link hipflask one from ASOS and a rose gold and silver twist, which was a gift.


I also keep my Lon Lon Milk dustplug (from this seller on Etsy) with me at most times. However, this Disney princess watch/torch was something I picked up from a recent cinema trip with a friend.


My book of the moment is a Bukowski book which is a collection of many of his poems.
I find myself unable to focus much on long stories lately and looking more at poetry in general and am really enjoying this.
Although I have to admit it does make me feel very Tumblr approved.


The last few bits are earphones, hair pins, my umbrella and sunglasses.
My umbrella and sunglasses are always with me, I am prepared for any and all British weather.


If anyone's interested, my sunglasses are an aviator style from ASOS from about 3/4 years ago.
I believe the style might be called 'Kurt'? Otherwise I have no explanation as to why it says Kurt on the arms.

My last thing to mention is my purse, which is my Alexander Wang Prisma Biker Wallet.

This is a fairly recent purchase from earlier this year as I saw it and much preferred it to the longer style purses that are popular now.

I can easily fit all  I need and more into it and especially love the coin pouch.
I would have to say, however, that if you are someone accustomed to carrying round a lot of coins, I would not recommend this as it's difficult to close and could stretch and warp the leather finish.

What are your must haves for your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment